So that peaceful existence I wrote about yesterday? It was rudely interrupted yesterday at around 9:30 p.m.
We (Karri, Alex and I) had just got back from a nice dinner with friends and were all getting ready for bed or falling asleep in our respective bedrooms. All of a sudden there was this giant explosive sound. I think the first thing that came to my head was that the fan had fallen from our ceiling - I had been tugging on the light switch pretty aggressively a bit earlier trying to turn the light off. Option number two was that somehow all the cupboards in the kitchen fell at once and every pot, pan and dish crashed to the ground.
I actually think either of those would have been better than the cascade of water we found flowing out of the wall when we walked into the kitchen. Apparently a pipe burst which left us pretty helpless to stop it, until I finally found and figured out how to turn off the well pump out back. Unfortunately by that point we were close to having a swimming pool in our kitchen.
I called the landlords who came over and messed around with the hot water heater (apparently the culprit) for a while until giving up and saying they'd have to bring in a plumber the next day. Karri and I were left with the task of sopping up the water with towels and wringing them out into pots.
Things were ok when we got home from work today, aside from the fact that our hot water heater is missing. At least life is back to normal as far as showers go... brrr. Knew that luxury wouldn't last.
4 comments:
wahahahaha!!!! oh no! well this made laugh for some reason though! ahh! I miss you.
FRIEND - I haven't read in awhile...and I just caught up on about the last five posts...and laughed out loud and shared stories several times with katie (specifically the drunk blind guys and your hypotheses about the loud noise...) Pretty funny. Miss you!
-Krista (sorry if I excited you with two more comments, I'm just an idiot always forgetting to sign my name...)
Lerae Lerae......your Australian readership is going into withdrawals!!!
Hug.
Post a Comment