I get pretty excited when I have the chance to run errands for work, especially because I'm the only intern who knows how to drive a manual so I feel proud when I'm asked. Obviously, when someone asked me to drive them from the office to the bank this morning, I consented happily.
As we were getting ready to make a right turn out of the parking lot to head back to the office after our errand, we saw two men walking down the sidewalk towards my car. Walking might be a little generous; stumbling would probably be more accurate. One was leaning very heavily on the other guy's shoulder who was in turn doing his best to hold him up, but both were staggering around and obviously trashed.
To better understand the joy I recieved from encountering two drunk men on the road heading towards me, consider that the more upright guy was waving a white cane around - they were both completely blind. This was confirmed when they didn't stop walking or even slow down as they came closer, but instead slammed into my car and laid there, draped over the driver's side window for a while.
I had no idea what to do because they didn't look like they had any intention of getting up. Finally I started slowly backing up, which apparently signalled to them that they had run into a car, not a bed, causing them to back off my car. I hastily drove off.
I love running errands.
3 comments:
Classic story.
JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAAJA Lerae! esto me hiyo reir muchooooo jajajajajaja! AH! yo quiero visitarte!
Oh Lerae...I just keep praying for you, you silly child! I can't wait to read the entire book...
Post a Comment