1.15.2009

I was recently reminded that this blog exists. I would apologize for my poor posting habits, but I'm quite sure that I don't have any regular readers so it's irrelevant.

I'm sitting at work, eating almonds I stole from a refreshment table down the hall meant for a group of people needing sustenance after their deep conversation about God, or war, or something (I haven't figured that out yet). They meet every day, which is great. While their door is closed and they're in deep discussion, I pop on down, duck when I pass the window, and fill up my coffee mug and select from the array of goodies. I barely need to pack a lunch anymore.

That's one thing I'm going to miss about Calvin - free food. I know there are others who have mastered this craft, but I'm pretty good at finding coffee and cookies h whenever I want it. I'm certainly not above popping into a lecture I care nothing about 5 minutes before it ends, simply to score a glass of punch and a scotcharoo. I've even gone so far as to sit in on a Faculty Senate meeting for a can of Cherry Pepsi. (OK, that's not entirely true. I'm the kind of nerd who actually likes to hear professors argue about the future of the college, and have a sneaking suspicion that Emma and I will be sitting next to each other griping about the fairness of a maternity leave policy someday. But you can just believe I go for the snacks.)

So it's about time to head home to my empty house and watch 30 Rock like it's my business. I rented season 1, and I'm loving it. Ooh, there's a new one on tonight. Score.

Then it's on to packing for my visit to my two favorite men: to Pittsburgh for Colin and then on to DC for Obama!

No comments: