5.20.2009

Warning: the following is a pretty boring recap of my recent activities. Read at your own risk.

In case I had forgotten how different my life in Guatemala is from normal life, today when I exited my downtown office on a mission to buy a coke, I literally ran into a goat. She and her flock were being herded down the street alongside the taxis.

Other than that little incident, everything has been quite calm. Last night Jo and I went to a bookstore to drink a smoothie and hot chocolate, respectively, and I gave in to the ever-present urge to buy one more book to add to my collection (in English, though, so there's a higher chance I'll actually read it). Work is work - I like it but it can get slow some days. Tomorrow starts wedding shower season for my roommate- three showers in three days, should be fun.

I find myself alone a lot lately, which actually quite suits my mildly antisocial self (INFJ, in case you were wondering). I've been using the time for some light wedding planning and a little bit of moping - I'm sad I'm not home to revel in the post-engagement excitement, and I miss my mom.

Colin told me I had to pull it together one particularly whiny day, so I decided to make blackberry scones - one of the best ideas I've had in a long time. I'm not sure if it was because I've been deprived of baked goods for so long that I forgot how delicious they are, or if the fresh blackberries we bought at the dark, mildy dirty and pretty damp market the other week were so fresh and wonderful, or if the recipe I googled was exceptionally well put together, but they were the best scones I've had in recent memory. I think I ate four within the first hour.

Ok, off to read that new Updike book I bought before getting my typical nine hours of sleep. This weekend promises to be excited and packed with possible blog entries. Hold your breath.

3 comments:

Trish said...

It's so funny that you're an INTJ! I'm and ESTP! hahahaha

Trish said...

I meant to write INFJ, my bad...

Colin said...

Where were the follow up blog posts! Promises not kept! Hope you get your internet working again honey!