2.28.2009

o o o a o a o a o AAA oooAAAA

I am thrilled to announce that it is Saturday morning, I'm sitting on the floor of my apartment in my pajamas, and WE HAVE INTERNET.

I have to admit that I sort of liked being cut off from the technological world; I finished more books in the past three weeks (3) than I did outside class all of fall semester. I'm currently working my way through "The Audacity of Hope," but I'm worried that my resolve will die out now that I'm able to access email, facebook and skype whenever I want.

Oh, not to mention YouTube, where you can find this gem of a song Alex has been torturing us with for the second half of this week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r0n9Dv6XnY

You should probably hang in until the chorus, but then free yourself from the ropes of "Tarzan Boy" while you still can.

Last night I went to a despedida for my roommate Jo and her fiance, along with two other couples. Despedidas are basically like wedding showers, and I've been told that I'll be attending plenty over the next few months leading up to Jo's wedding. They're quite fun, although it may get expensive as you're expected to contribute a set amount at each despedida (instead of presents). Whatever, it makes sense and the money goes to buy bigger appliances, etc., which apparently don't come standard with the houses here. You also get to dress up; last night's party was themed "carnival" (I made quite a stretch with my bright purple t-shirt and orange sweater).

Weddings are front and center lately. I'm getting SO excited to head back to Michigan in two weeks for my best college friend/longtime roommate's wedding in Minnesota. I cant believe it's already here - I mean, I've known it's been coming for four years (right from the first time I saw him in the dining hall and rudely called him ugly - my opinion has since changed dramatically) but it's now HERE, and he's replacing me as her roommate for good. I'm so happy, though, and so excited that I'm going to be able to be part of their day.

I'm also ready for the dancing. Maybe I can talk them into Tarzan Boy?

No comments: